$210.00 / person(at 4:1 ratio) Next Trip: Feb 17, 2023 (day trip)
0 spots available. $195.00
Start a new trip
This specially priced lift ticket is mandatory if you do not own a season pass. If you are not purchasing this add-on, you must email us at [email protected] to confirm that you have a season pass, otherwise we will add a lift ticket to your booking. Lift Tickets once purchased are non-refundable.
Avalanche kit rental includes transceiver, shovel and probe. If you are bringing your own avi kit, this must include a modern, digital, 3-antenna transceiver, and a solid shovel and probe. If you do not have all three of these things then you must rent a kit from us to take part. Avi Kits once rented are non-refundable.
The backcountry surrounding Mount Washington offers first-rate powder stashes to those who know where to go. Seek out the best lines the area has to offer under the wing of an ACMG-Ski Guide, accessing otherwise off-limit areas.
- 1 day with an ACMG guide
- Exclusive access to the Mount Washington Backcountry
- Personal equipment
- Avi kit (available as an add-on)
- Lift ticket (available as an add-on)
Note: Our guides have special permissions to access terrain outside the boundary lines at Mount Washington Alpine Resort.
Questions? Check out our FAQ page, or send us an email.
- Are an advanced skier or boarder (able to ride black diamond-equivalent runs comfortably and safely in natural conditions)
- Have moderate fitness (able to hike for 2-3 hours/day)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations
- Are prepared to spend the day outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
- 19+ (if you are a minor, please reach out to discuss options)
The choice between alpine touring skis, telemark skis or a splitboard is up to you. Choose a mode of transport you are most comfortable and competent with.
These items are available as an add on “avalanche kit” when you book, or by request for $30
- Avalanche Transceiver (must be a modern, digital three-antenna)*
- Shovel: Collapsible aluminum shovel*
- Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm*
- Ski touring skis/board
- Ski touring/snowboard boots
- Day pack (30 - 40L, or whatever will fit your gear)
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
- Baselayers (top and bottom)
- Lunch and snacks (prepared ahead of time and consumable on the go)
- Sun hat
- Ski strap
- Personal first aid (e.g. blister kit, medication)
- Camera (optional)
- Touring Gear: Ski Tak Hut offers 25% off backcountry rentals (skins, boots, and skis or a splitboard) for clients on IAG trips and courses. These can be ordered online using a discount code. Contact us after you have booked to receive your unique code. Note you will be asked to show the booking confirmation you received from us when you pick up your gear.
- Avalanche Kit: We offer transceivers, shovels and probes for $30 as an add on kit when you book. If you do not have your own gear, please request prior to your trip.
AWESOME.Ryan D. ,
I had a great time riding with you. I gained a lot of knowledge, and definitely appreciated your willingness to share your expertise. Thanks again, and happy turns. I look forward to our next meeting.David Boychuk, Vancouver Island, BC.
Just wanted to email to thank Christophe for the great tour yesterday. We had so much fun and enjoyed recounting all the different parts of our day on the drive home yesterday afternoon. We'll look forward to another Mt Cain tour next year!Mary Thiess, Nanaimo, BC.
The backcountry ski tour was a 10/10. It was everything I had hoped for, and more!Jasper D. (age 10),
I had a great day with Ken today. He was really knowledgeable and good at communicating where I needed to improve and how. Learned all sorts of great tips today!Abby R, Courtenay
awesome day all around. Joe is a great communicator, did a great job leading us through safety aspects as well as providing great tips throughout the day. His personal experience and local knowledge were invaluable.JF Rapatel,
It was a great… insanely DEEP day. Joe and Sam were professional, knowledgable and on-it, as per usual. We had our fair share of extraneous issues (car troubles, personal issues) that we had to deal with, but the actual day was epic. Would highly recommend it, and everyone in our group was really happy with it.Brendan Matthews,