$680.00 / person(at 5:1 ratio)
Start a new trip
Avalanche kit rental includes transceiver, shovel and probe. If you are bringing your own avi kit, this must include a modern, digital, 3-antenna transceiver, and a solid shovel and probe. If you do not have all three of these things then you must rent a kit from us to take part. Avi Kits once rented are non-refundable.
Save on postage and have this indispensable trip planning guide delivered to you at your course. With well over 500 Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale rated Island tours, this guidebook allows you to apply the learning from your AST course to doing real trips in the mountains.
- A full day of backcountry touring with an ACMG guide
- One helicopter drop and pick-up (beginning and end of day)
- Exclusive access to awesome backcountry riding terrain
- Transportation to and from start point
- Personal equipment
- Avi kit (available as an add-on)
Exact location will depend on the guides decision of where the best conditions will be found on the day, so please build flexibility into your plan.
Exact details will be sent in a pre-trip email sent one-week prior.
We do our best to get as many runs in as possible and may climb as much as 1500m of elevation gain in a day (though we could ski as much as 2000m as the first drop is on top!).
Routes will be chosen based on the group and the conditions of the day.
- Are an advanced skier or boarder (able to ride black diamond-equivalent runs comfortably and safely in natural conditions)
- Have moderate fitness (able to hike for 6 hours/day and up to 1500m elevation)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations
- Are prepared to spend the day outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
- 19+ (or accompanied by a parent or guardian)
Questions? Check out our FAQ page, or send us an email. If you do not feel you meet these requirements, feel free to reach out – we are happy to set up private trips whenever possible.
These items are available as an add on “avalanche kit” when you book, or by request for $15
- Avalanche Transceiver (must be a modern, digital three-antenna)
- Shovel: Collapsible aluminum shovel
- Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm
- Ski touring skis/board
- Ski touring/snowboard boots
- Day pack (30 - 40L, or whatever will fit your gear)
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Baselayers (top and bottom)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
- Lunch and snacks (prepared ahead of time and consumable on the go)
- Sun hat
- Ski strap
- Personal first aid (e.g. blister kit, medication)
- Camera (optional)
- Touring Gear: Ski Tak Hut offers 25% off backcountry rentals (skins, boots, and skis or a splitboard) for clients on IAG trips and courses. These can be ordered online using a discount code. Request your unique code from us after you have booked your trip. Note you will be asked to show the booking confirmation you received from us when you pick up your gear.
- Avalanche Kit: We offer rental transceivers, shovels and probes for $15 as an add on kit when you book. If you do not have your own modern, digital;, three antenna transceiver, please request a rental kit prior to your trip.
An amazing and memorable birthday! Jan did a great job of gearing the skiing to the groups' varying abilities. We would love to do another trip!Andrea Lang, Mount Matchele
Great guiding! Highly enjoyable and our guide found us some good powder stashes. My sons and I had a very good day.John F. ,
Thanks for the great day, it was a life affirming trip with that "it's good to be alive" vibe. We really appreciated the professionalism of your pilot and of course your expertise on the mountain. I hope we all get a chance to travel in the wilderness again.Pete Postuk, Victoria, BC.
Great trip, great company and outstanding guiding!George Woemle, Chemainus, BC.
The trip was phenomenal and exceeded my expectations. Great group, great guide, great pilot!Robert Doerfler, Camas, WA, USA
I have skied all over the world in Europe, Canada, South America, Greenland, Alaska, Russia and the Himalayas. Some of the best days I have had have been skiing with Jan.Joaquin Folch, Barcelona, Spain.
Thank you for a great trip . I'm sure you'll be seeing more of me & hopefully my friend for summer trips as well. Food, location & skiing all great.Simon Pemble, Victoria, BC.
Best thing I did all winter. I couldn't have asked for a better day! Joe was a fantastic guide and the terrain he took us into was epic. The whole trip from our guide to the terrain choices to our pilot was top notch. I can't wait to do it again next year.Corey Gardiner, Victoria, BC
Best ski day of the year!Andrew Gower, Courtenay, BC