$430.00 / person(at 6:1 ratio) Next Trip: Feb 10 - 11, 2024
6 spots available. $430.00
Guide: Helene Steiner!
Start a new trip
Avalanche kit rental includes transceiver, shovel and probe. If you are bringing your own avi kit, this must include a modern, digital, 3-antenna transceiver, and a solid shovel and probe. If you do not have all three of these things then you must rent a kit from us to take part. Avi Kits once rented are non-refundable.
We offer specially priced lift tickets for the duration of your guided course or trip. Purchase is necessary to take part, unless you have a seasons pass or a ticket of your own. No need to buy for each day of the course, only a single ticket purchase is necessary. Please note that once purchased, lift tickets are non-refundable.
Save on postage and have this indispensable trip planning guide delivered to you at your course. With well over 500 Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale rated Island tours, this guidebook allows you to apply the learning from your AST course to doing real trips in the mountains.
- 2 days with an ACMG guide
- Exclusive access to the Mount Washington Backcountry
- Personal equipment
- Avi kit (available as an add-on)
- Lift ticket (available as an add-on)
- Are an advanced skier or boarder (able to ride black diamond-equivalent runs comfortably and safely in natural conditions)
- Have moderate fitness (able to hike for 2-3 hours/day)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations
- Are prepared to spend the day outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
- Have access to a vehicle with winter rated tires and chains
The choice between alpine touring skis, telemark skis or a splitboard is up to you. Choose a mode of transport you are most comfortable and competent with.
- Avalanche Transceiver (must be a modern, digital three-antenna)*
- Shovel: Collapsible aluminum shovel*
- Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm*
- Touring ski/board, boots, bindings, skins, poles
- Day pack (30 - 40L, or whatever will fit your gear)
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
- Baselayers (top and bottom)
- Lunch and snacks (prepared ahead of time and consumable on the go)
- Sun hat
- Ski strap
- Personal first aid (e.g. blister kit, medication)
- Camera (optional)
Touring Gear: 'Ski Tak Hut' in Courtenay (https://www.skitakhut.com/pages/rentals) offers backcountry gear rentals (skins, boots, and skis / split boards). Clients on IAG courses and trips are eligible to receive a unique 25% discount code towards their gear rentals from Ski Tak Hut - for the duration of their course/trip with us. Discount codes are distributed directly by IAG to our clients upon request. Rentals from Ski Tak Hut can be ordered online using the unique discount code. Note you will be asked to show the booking confirmation you received from us when you pick up your gear.
Avalanche Kit: We offer rental transceivers, shovels and probes as an add-on kit when you book or by request pre-trip. If you do not have your own modern, digital, three antenna transceiver, collapsible shovel, and/or probe - please request a rental kit prior to your course/trip.
Winter 4x4 Vehicle(s): 'Far Out Wilderness' (https://faroutwilderness.com/ski-tours-winter-4x4/) is a 4x4 vehicle rental service in Victoria that offers clients access to a fleet of rugged, reliable, and fully-equipped vehicles designed to conquer the most challenging winter terrain. Their vehicles come with snow tires with the 3 peak mountain symbol, chains, and ski racks. They also provide emergency equipment, including SOS, SPOT messenger systems, GPS, tire pump, toe rope, tire pressure gauge, a map to BC's backcountry roads, and a first aid kit. Everything you need to get safely to the ski slopes! Upon request, IAG clients can receive a 5% discount code towards their rentals from 'Far Out Wilderness'.
Joe was an excellent guide with so much knowledge. He explained everything so well and we learned so many things while having an amazing time in the mountains.Nikki T. ,