$225.00 / person(at 4:1 ratio)
Start a new trip
Avalanche kit rental includes transceiver, shovel and probe. If you are bringing your own avi kit, this must include a modern, digital, 3-antenna transceiver, and a solid shovel and probe. If you do not have all three of these things then you must rent a kit from us to take part. Avi Kits once rented are non-refundable.
Save on postage and have this indispensable trip planning guide delivered to you at your course. With well over 500 Avalanche Terrain Exposure Scale rated Island tours, this guidebook allows you to apply the learning from your AST course to doing real trips in the mountains.
- 1 day with an ACMG guide
- Personal equipment
- Avi kit (available as an add-on)
- Are an advanced skier or boarder (able to ride black diamond-equivalent runs comfortably and safely in natural conditions)
- Have moderate fitness (able to hike for approx 4-5 hours/day)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations
- Are prepared to spend the day outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
- Are 19+ (or accompanied by a parent or guardian)
- Avalanche Transceiver (must be a modern, digital three-antenna)*
- Shovel: Collapsible aluminum shovel*
- Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm*
- Ski touring skis/board
- Ski touring/snowboard boots
- Day pack (30 - 40L, or whatever will fit your gear)
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
- Baselayers (top and bottom)
- Lunch and snacks (prepared ahead of time and consumable on the go)
- Sun hat
- Ski strap
- Personal first aid (e.g. blister kit, medication)
- Camera (optional)
Avalanche Kit: We offer rental transceivers, shovels and probes as an add-on kit when you book or by request pre-trip. If you do not have your own modern, digital, three antenna transceiver, collapsible shovel, and/or probe - please request a rental kit prior to your course/trip.
Touring Gear: 'Ski Tak Hut' in Courtenay (https://www.skitakhut.com/pages/rentals) offers backcountry ski and splitboard rentals. Clients on IAG courses and trips are eligible to receive a unique 25% discount code towards their gear rentals from Ski Tak Hut - for the duration of their course/trip with us. These discount codes are distributed directly by IAG to our clients upon request. Rentals from Ski Tak Hut can be ordered online using the unique discount code. Note you will be asked to show the booking confirmation you received from us when you pick up your gear.
The idea was to send the 2012 ski season off with an adventure, so naturally I got in touch with IAG. Jan was keen right off the start to ski spring lines on Arrowsmith, and within a couple of days he had two other skiers lined up and a trip plan. The day on the Arrowsmith massif didn't disappoint. Under clear blue skies, we skied our chosen lines, lunched on the saddle between Arrowsmith and Cokely, then decided to climb a rocky wall up to Cokely to ski out via the Rousseau Route. The day had everything I'd hoped for: steep skiing, challenging ascents and an adventurous spirit. It was a fitting end to an epic ski season.Toby Gorman, Nanaimo, BC.
My wife trusts you more than me and she has never met you!George Woernle, Chemainus, BC.