$470.00 / person(at 2:1 ratio)
Start a new trip
Avalanche kit rental includes transceiver, shovel and probe. If you are bringing your own avi kit, this must include a modern, digital, 3-antenna transceiver, and a solid shovel and probe. If you do not have all three of these things then you must rent a kit from us to take part. Avi Kits once rented are non-refundable.
This specially priced lift ticket is mandatory if you do not own a season pass. If you are not purchasing this add-on, you must email us at [email protected] to confirm that you have a season pass, otherwise we will add a lift ticket to your booking. Lift Tickets once purchased are non-refundable.
- Movement assessment
- Movement pattern correction and weight distribution
- Re-enforcing correct on-piste riding techniques (such as carving)
- Introduction of off-piste techniques (such as hop turns, pole plants, kick turns)
- Riding in powder and other natural conditions
- Steep skiing and line choice
- Opportunities for feedback and practice
- 2x 2-hour sessions with a top-end coach
- 1 full day of guided backcountry skiing/snowboarding with an ACMG guide
- Personal equipment
- Lift ticket (available as an add-on for the touring day)
- Avi kit (transceiver, shovel and probe – available for rent)
- Be an intermediate skier or boarder (in this case, this means that you are able to ride blue square-equivalent runs comfortably and safely on-piste)
- Have moderate fitness (able to hike for 2-3 hours/day)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations (consider practicing with your transceiver beforehand and your transitions with your touring set up in and out of walk and ride mode)
- Be prepared to spend the day outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
Questions? Check out our FAQ page, or send us an email.
If you have any questions, please send us an email: [email protected]
These items are available as an add on “avalanche kit” when you book, or by request for $15.
- Avalanche Transceiver (must be a modern, digital, three-antenna)
- Shovel: Collapsible aluminum shovel
- Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm
- Touring skis/board
- Touring ski/board boots
- Day pack (30 - 40L, or whatever will fit your gear)
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
- Baselayers (top and bottom)
- Lunch (and whatever snacks you require)
- Sun hat
- Ski strap
- Personal first aid (e.g. blister kit, medication, bandaids)
- Notebook and pencil (Rite in the Rain recommended)
- Touring Gear: Ski Tak Hut offers 25% off backcountry rentals (skins, boots, and skis or a splitboard) for clients on IAG trips and courses. These can be ordered online using a unique discount code. Request your unique code from us after you have booked your trip. Note you will be asked to show the booking confirmation you received from us when you pick up your gear.
- Avalanche Kit: We offer transceivers, shovels and probes for $15 as an add on kit when you book. If you do not have your own gear, please request prior to your trip.