$395.00 / person(at 6:1 ratio)
Start a new trip
Avalanche kit rental includes transceiver, shovel and probe. If you are bringing your own avi kit, this must include a modern, digital, 3-antenna transceiver, and a solid shovel and probe. If you do not have all three of these things then you must rent a kit from us to take part. Avi Kits once rented are non-refundable.
- 2 days with an ACMG guide
- Group technical gear
- Personal gear (avi kit available as a rental add-on)
- Lift ticket (must be an MCAPS member to purchase)
- Volunteer-run ski hill located 20 km from Woss - see driving directions here
- The road to Mount Cain is a serious mountain road and requires chains and winter tires and occasionally a vehicle with clearance - please stay up to date on weather conditions and reach out if you have any concerns
- Washroom facilities available
- To use the lifts or rent accommodation at Mount Cain, you must be a MCAPS member - membership can be purchased for $20 and goes towards supporting the hill
- There is no potable water (rental cabins supplied with water jugs, otherwise please bring what you require)
- Parking lot is often used for car camping (there may be other groups using this area, so please be respectful of others by keeping the noise to a minimum and packing out what you pack in)
- Check out Mount Cain’s accommodation rental page for accommodation details.
- Are an advanced skier or boarder (able to ride black diamond-equivalent runs comfortably and safely in natural conditions
- Have moderate fitness (able to hike for 2-3 hours/day)
- Have a basic understanding of your gear, and any limitations
- Are prepared to spend the day outside in variable conditions (please see gear list)
- Must be 19+ to participate, unless accompanied by a parent or guardian, or part of an all-youth group
- Avalanche Transceiver (must be a modern, digital three-antenna)*
- Shovel: Collapsible aluminum shovel*
- Probe: Normal length probe somewhere from 220cm to 320cm*
- Ski touring skis/board
- Ski touring/snowboard boots
- Day pack (30 - 40L, or whatever will fit your gear)
- Waterproof/breathable jacket and pants
- Lightweight, breathable jacket and pants (for uphill skinning/climbing)
- Insulated jacket (synthetic insulated jacket is strongly recommended)
- Lightweight gloves for climbing/skinning
- Warm gloves
- Warm hat
- Balaclava or another type of neck warmer
- Baselayers (top and bottom)
- Lunch and snacks (prepared ahead of time and consumable on the go)
- Sun hat
- Ski strap
- Personal first aid (e.g. blister kit, medication)
- Camera (optional)
- Touring Gear: Ski Tak Hut offers 25% off backcountry rentals (skins, boots, and skis or a splitboard) for clients on IAG trips and courses. These can be ordered online using a discount code. Contact us after you have booked to receive your unique code. Note you will be asked to show the booking confirmation you received from us when you pick up your gear.
Avalanche Kit: We offer transceivers, shovels and probes for $15/day as an add on kit when you book. If you do not have your own gear, please request prior to your trip.
Thanks for a great weekend of Ski Touring @ Mt. Cain Ladies and Jan!Jessica Dulong, Victoria, BC.