COMBINED ALPINE SKILLS
Perfect for the budding mountaineer, this course offers the full mountain meal combo. With a curriculum that covers travel techniques for rock, snow and glacier, participants will gain the basic skills necessary to begin exploring a wide variety of mountain terrain.
From our base camp at Mount Cain Alpine Park, we will take advantage of quick access to stunning alpine terrain and one of the best outdoor classrooms around.
To maximize safety and enjoyment, participants should:
- Have completed Intro to Rock or have equivalent rope-work experience
- Feel comfortable moving in alpine environments with exposure
- Be able to travel uphill for up to 500m vertical gain under a 20 lbs load
- Snow climbing
- Snow anchors
- Glacier travel
- Crevasse rescue
- Rock anchors
- Short-roping and short-pitching techniques for alpine rock
- Route-finding skills
- Transitions from snow to rock
- Plus +
Please read the pre-trip information package located at the bottom of the booking page for details
Questions? Check out our FAQ page for details about our booking and cancellation policy, and other commonly asked questions.
All Island Alpine Guides courses and trips take place in an outdoor, wilderness environment. This means that as a participant you will be encountering various risks, dangers and hazards some of which include avalanches, cornices, crevasses, cliffs, trees, creeks, rockfall, difficult travel conditions, weather, illness, equipment failure, wild animals, becoming lost as well as the possibility of mistakes being made by IAG guides and instructors. To participate in these activities you will be required to read and agree to our waiver as part of the registration process. You will also be required to sign the waiver at the start of the course or trip. In doing so you will waive or give up certain legal rights including the right to sue or to claim compensation following an accident.
Included in the price:
- 4 days of instruction with an ACMG guide
- Group technical gear
Not included in the price:
- Transportation to and from starting point
- Tents, sleeping mat, sleeping bag
- Personal gear
- Personal technical equipment (harness, helmet, crampons, ice axe - available as an add on)
Mountaineering Kit Rental $60.00
Ice Axe, Crampons, Helmet, Carabiners, Cords and Sling. All these items are required to participate in the course. See the precise technical gear requirement in the Important pre-trip information .pdf below. We rent complete kits only, not individual items. Once purchased rental is non-refundable.
- Jun 4 - 7, 20210 spots available.$795.00 Sold Out
- Jun 10 - 13, 20210 spots available.$795.00 Sold Out
- Jun 18 - 21, 20210 spots available.$795.00 Sold Out